I’ve been subjected to several recurring dreams lately. Most of them are extremely upsetting and difficult to forget, but there is one that I can’t get out of my head for very different reasons.
It’s about a movie, a really incredible story, and I can’t remember most of it. Here’s what I do remember.
1. It takes place in a really fantastic setting - possibly alien, or possibly a really beautiful place on our own planet. It reminds me of a deep cavern, far below the Earth’s surface. The cavern’s walls are glowing with bright blue lights that arrange themselves in different patters. Sometimes, there are glowing words or pictures on the walls; other times, they are arranged randomly, like beautiful, glowing stars.
2. There are four people, two boys and two girls, trying desperately to find their way out of the cavern. One boy / girl team seems to be doing most of the actions while the others gather information and have to discreetly relay the information to the first pair. It seems as if they are trying to get out of the cavern, and something sinister is keeping them there. The entity does not know that the second, inconspicuous pair is present - or at least, it doesn’t seem to know.
3. As our heroes (?) get deeper into the cavern, the challenges become more difficult, and extremely frightening; from fighting unknown assailants in complete darkness to scaling impossible walls to avoid certain death, each new challenge seems like it will be their last, and yet they keep prevailing.
4. I have absolutely no idea why they are there or why they are trying to leave. I’m assuming they are our heroes because I can’t see anyone else, but I’m not sure about that.
5. Whatever their mission is, it seems extremely urgent. At the end of my dream, they always head into a final showdown, but I always wake before I can witness it.
6. During the dream, I feel as if I’m watching a movie. I’m not a part of their adventure and they can’t see me; I’m not even narrating. In fact, in the dream, it seems like a popular movie, as it is referenced in other dreams, either by other characters in that dream or by posters referencing the movie.
Whatever it is, it seems like a really cool story, and I really want to write it down. I’m just not sure where to begin.